Introducing new FortiGate 90G, accelerated by SP5 ASIC and FortiGuard AI-Powered Security Services
John Maddison, Chief Marketing Officer and EVP, Product Strategy at Fortinet
“Networking and security must converge to effectively secure and connect hybrid infrastructure and empower hybrid work. In fact, we predict that within this decade, secure networking will eclipse networking to dominate the marketplace. Fortinet will continue to expand and integrate its secure networking portfolio, combined with FortiGuard AI-Powered Security Services, across next-gen firewall, Secure SD-WAN, Universal ZTNA and SASE, as well as LAN and Wireless LAN.”
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), the global cybersecurity leader driving the convergence of networking and security, today announced the FortiGate 90G, the first Secure SD-WAN appliance and NGFW with the new security processing unit 5 (SP5) ASIC that delivers industry-leading AI-powered threat protection performance, scalability, and power efficiency at a cost-effective price. This new addition to Fortinet’s Secure Networking portfolio expands the company’s ability to deliver consistent security, unified management, analytics, and FortiGuard AI-Powered Security Services across the entire hybrid network.
Introducing the FortiGate 90G with SP5 ASIC
The new FortiGate 90G series of next-generation firewalls (NGFWs) delivers enterprise-grade secure networking capabilities, such as hybrid mesh firewall, SD-WAN, and SD-Branch, to distributed edges. FortiGate 90G is also the foundation for customers’ SASE and zero-trust journey to enable secure internet access, secure private access and secure SaaS access.
FortiGate 90G is fully integrated with FortiGuard AI-Powered Security Services, providing advanced intrusion prevention for deep packet inspection of SSL/TLS traffic, web security services, such as DNS and URL filtering for blocking of access to malicious domains and URLs, and content security, such as inline sandboxing to stop zero-day and other file-based threats.
This new suite of firewalls is the first to ship with the SP5 ASIC, Fortinet’s fifth-generation ASIC technology announced earlier this year with the ability to accelerate and concurrently run 2x more applications—for example, NGFW, zero-trust network access (ZTNA), SD-WAN, and SSL inspection—compared to the previous generation. The power of FortiGate 90G with Fortinet’s SP5 ASIC and FortiGuard AI-Powered Security Services is showcased in the below Security Compute Rating table, which compares the top firewalls on the market against the target performance numbers of the FortiGate 90G series:
- FortiGate 90G Threat Protection performance is measured with Firewall, IPS, Application Control and Malware Protection, and Logging enabled.
- The numbers for competitive solutions are based on publicly available sources. Other vendors may have different testing methodologies.
- All power consumption values are taken from external datasheets and hardware system guides using maximum power consumption.
Availability: FortiGate 90G is available now.
Empowering Today’s Hybrid World by Converging Networking and Security
Growing and scaling digital business while protecting a distributed infrastructure and supporting a hybrid workforce has never been more critical or complex. That’s why Fortinet’s Secure Networking portfolio converges networking technologies with FortiGuard AI-Powered Security Services across all edges to close security gaps and help organizations achieve a better user experience. Today’s news reinforces Fortinet’s commitment to continue to expand and integrate key secure networking technologies across the following areas:
- Hybrid mesh firewall for data center and cloud
- Secure SD-WAN for branch offices
- SASE for remote users and branch offices
- Universal ZTNA for remote users and campus locations
- WLAN/LAN for branch offices and campus locations
- Learn more about Fortinet’s Secure Networking
- Learn more about FortiGuard AI-Powered Security Services.
- Learn about Fortinet’s free cybersecurity training, which includes broad cyber-awareness and product training. As part of the Fortinet Training Advancement Agenda (TAA), the Fortinet Training Institute also provides training and certification through the Network Security Expert (NSE) Certification, Academic Partner, and Education Outreach
- Learn more about FortiGuard Labs threat intelligence and research and Outbreak Alerts, which provide timely steps to mitigate breaking cybersecurity attacks.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s FortiGuard Security Services portfolio.
- Read about how Fortinet customers are securing their organizations.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram. Subscribe to Fortinet on our blog or YouTube.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a driving force in the evolution of cybersecurity and the convergence of networking and security. Our mission is to secure people, devices, and data everywhere, and today we deliver cybersecurity everywhere you need it with the largest integrated portfolio of over 50 enterprise-grade products. Well over half a million customers trust Fortinet’s solutions, which are among the most deployed, most patented, and most validated in the industry. The Fortinet Training Institute, one of the largest and broadest training programs in the industry, is dedicated to making cybersecurity training and new career opportunities available to everyone. FortiGuard Labs, Fortinet’s elite threat intelligence and research organization, develops and utilizes leading-edge machine learning and AI technologies to provide customers with timely and consistently top-rated protection and actionable threat intelligence. Learn more at https://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, and FortiGuard Labs.