This article explores the impact of AI on digital marketing strategies and outlines key strategies to utilise its power & achieve results.
By Shefali Pandey & Vasim Samadji
Gone are the days of spray-and-pray marketing, where marketers did mass marketing across various mediums and ways, hoping to reach the right audience and get conversions. Today digital marketing is a data-driven field and AI is emerging as a supportive hero for digital marketing. AI isn’t science fiction anymore – it is rapidly changing the ways we engage with customers, optimise campaigns and drive results.
Let’s break down how AI is impacting digital marketing strategies and how marketing experts can utilise it to stay ahead of the curve.
- Taking data-driven decisions: With AI, no more guesswork while making decisions. With its data crunching abilities AI can analyse vast amounts of information that can help create digital marketing strategies such as customer behaviour, campaign performance market trends – and uncover hidden patterns that humans might miss. This helps in targeting, personalised experiences and ultimately, higher ROI. That’s the power we are talking about.
- Writing content on autopilot: Let’s be honest. Creating fresh and engaging content every day can be a chore. Human minds can sometimes take a backseat due to many personal and professional factors, that might hamper their ability to write creative content. But AI-powered tools can help you brainstorm ideas, generate different formats (text, video, even!) write content for you and even personalise them for specific audiences. Think of it as having a tireless, creative assistant working by your side, letting you focus on other important things.
- AI-powered chatbots: AI-powered chatbots today are becoming increasingly sophisticated, understanding natural language and providing human-like conversations. These virtual assistants can handle customer inquiries 24/7, freeing up the customer support team and boosting customer satisfaction.
- Predictive analysis: See the Future (Sort Of) AI can analyse historical data and current trends to forecast future customer behaviour and market shifts. This foresight allows you to proactively adjust your digital marketing strategies, allocate resources efficiently and stay ahead of the competition.
- Personalisation: Humans crave and love personalisation. And AI makes it possible to deliver on that promise, at scale. By analysing individual preferences and purchase history, AI can tailor recommendations, offers and even website content to each user. This level of personalisation fosters deeper connections and drives conversions like never before.
AI is an incredible tool, but it’s no magic. Humans are still in the driver’s seat. Here are some points to consider:
- AI flourishes on good data. Make sure your data is clean, accurate and relevant for AI to deliver accurate insights.
- Be transparent with your customers about how you have used AI in your marketing.
- AI algorithms can carry on biases. Choose tools and practices that promote fairness and ethical use of data.
The Future is Now:
Artificial Intelligence is no longer a sci-fi dream; it’s already changing digital marketing. Through responsible usage, you may bring in a new era of customised, data-driven marketing that delivers outstanding results. Remember that the future is written by the early adopters; are you prepared to participate in it?
(The author is Shefali Pandey & Vasim Samadji, Founder and Co-Founder respectively, Flora Fountain and the views expressed in this are article are their own)