Achieving efficiency and agility across your business operations can be daunting due to complexities in your processes, such as handling various content formats, multiple hand-offs, heterogeneous sets of scenarios, high transaction volumes, and geographically-distributed operations.
To succeed in your digital transformation efforts, it is critical that you leverage low code to address these complexities effectively and create an operationally efficient and strategically agile enterprise.
What Makes Your Applications Complex?
Your mission-critical applications are complex due to several factors, including:
- Multiple touch points – There is significant pressure on your processes to deal with the various channels your customers may use across their end-to-end journey
- Multiple roles and functions – Due to increased collaboration across departments and geographies, processes become more complex and multiple hand-offs lead to manual errors, delays, and compliance and security issues
- Numerous applications and systems–Organizations today are replete with multiple, heterogeneous applications that result in data and process silos, making it difficult to deliver a seamless experience
- Unstructured data and various content formats – Enterprises deal with a vast amount of unstructured data, so they face the challenge of processing data efficiently, while also making it available securely and on-demand
- Sheer volume – Higher volumes add another order of complexity to your processes, mandating a judicious automation approach
Bringing Simplicity to Your Processes
Legacy applications, disjointed processes, and weakly integrated systems are often the key culprits behind technically-induced complexity. Essentially, you are dealing with silos of three kinds: process, content, and communication. Bridging these silos is the key to unlocking simplicity in your operations.
You must implement a unified platform that can enable you to automate your complex processes, while providing the ability to seamlessly integrate content within your business applications. You must also leverage intelligence and analytics for cognitive processing to drive speed and responsiveness.
If the platform that you choose does not facilitate rapid application development, your IT debt will pile up quickly. You need a low code platform that can help you apply an agile methodology across your IT stack, whether it is process automation, content management, customer engagement, intelligence, or even analytics.
Low Code: The Key to Simplicity
Let’s explore how a low code-powered platform can enable you to simplify your complex business operations with agility.
- Speeds up pro-grade development
This can be achieved through modelling-driven, abstraction-oriented, and modular development, primarily powered by potent automation functionalities in a declarative environment
- Supports business and technological needs
Low code supports a variety of business and technological needs, such as workflows, content management, straight-through transactions, mobile apps, collaboration, customer self-service, business rules, and more
- Improves the sustainability of applications
A low code platform enables, and even catalyzes, change, while maintaining traceability, thereby ensuring the long-term sustainability of your business applications
- Rationalizes your application portfolio
A low code platform helps you streamline your application portfolio with its rapid application development capabilities, thereby eradicating the need for multiple point solutions across your operations
- Prevents shadow IT
Low code prevents shadow IT through central governance, visibility, and guardrails, without hindering innovation
- Enables agile DevOps and better compliance
A low code platform enables continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD),DevOps, and adherence to quality standards and architectural requirements
The Future is Low Code!
A low code platform empowers you with all the functional and technological capabilities needed to manage your complex, mission-critical processes. Its unique, low code application development environment provides you with the agility to rapidly create fully-functional business applications.
Furthermore, low code enables you to integrate your legacy systems, keep up with industry regulations, improve customer experience, and stay ahead of your competition!
(Arvind Jha is Senior Vice President, Software Development, Newgen Software and the views expressed in this article are his own).